AIS UNVEILS OFFICIAL LAUNCH "AIS 3G 2100, THE REAL ONE WITH WORLD STANDARD" TAKING UP 4 MONTHS TO ESTABLISH NETWORK WINNING TRUST FROM 8 HUNDRED THOUSANDS CUSTOMERSTelecommunication Press Releases Wednesday May 8, 2013 14:01
AIS becomes the first Operator to launch full-fledge 3G service formulated by the concept "AIS 3G 2100, the Real One with World Standard," moving at full course for the past 4 months after being awarded the license from NBTC, ready for commercial service today, starting with main cities in 20 provinces throughout Thailand, receiving 8 hundred thousands upgrade response during the past one month.
Mr. Wichian Mektrakarn, Chief Executive Officer of Advanced Info Service (Public) Company Limited or AIS, disclosed "Today Thailand is advancing another level with the official launch of 3G on 2100 MHz frequency, first 3G on world-standard frequency licensed by the NBTC at the end of last year. AIS is the first to prove the resolution in developing nation's frequency resource to benefit at soon as possible in accordance with the intention of NBTC."
"The 3G on 2100 MHz frequency complies with the standard governed by International Telecommunication Union or ITU and generally accepted worldwide for 3G service. The key of "World Standard Frequency" assures reliability in technology quality for long time. There is no concern about mobile phone supports because all 3G supporting mobile phones in the market can use 3G 2100 immediately. Roaming to foreign countries can also access service with the same standard worldwide."
"Throughout the past 4 months after being awarded License, 9,000 staff of AIS has dedicated to developing all aspects of service ready to deliver 3G 2100 service to Thai people as soon as possible. In April, we invited some customers to experience AIS 3G 2100 with convenient upgrade invitation designed for customers to process simple application by themselves. Today over 8 hundred thousands customers have accepted the service, indicating Data use demand expected to grow by 100% when the full 3G service is launched."
Mr. Hui Weng Cheong, Chief Operating Officer, added "We approved 70 billion Baht budget to expand network as soon as possible. We have spent only 4 months. That is 2 years faster than NBTC required. Today the service begins with 5,000 base stations located in main cities in 20 provinces, every region throughout Thailand. Every month at least 800 base stations will be launched to ensure the service coverage of 77 provinces by 2013 and ultimate coverage countrywide by 2014."
"The network architecture strategy of AIS is to optimize all 15 MHz frequency from the bidding to3 develop best service, focusing on density of base station, employing innovation Small Cell to bridge the gap in each area, equipping the device to support 42 Mbps speed everywhere throughout Thailand, HD quality Voice for applicable smartphones and the integration with 900 MHz network known for highest coverage to produce seamless functionality in remote areas in case customers travel out of the 3G 2100 MHz effective area."
Regarding the marketing plan for AIS 3G 2100, the Real One with World Standard, Mr. Titipong Khiewpaisal , Senior Vice President Marketing & Sales , said "Quality remains the key expectation of customers. Today we start the service at full course under the sign "AIS 3G2100" for existing and new customers, both prepaid and postpaid scheme, with service quality coming with value such as;
- New Dimension of package in the 3G period fully loaded with Voice/Data/Wifi/Application, economical and variety in one package for 299 Baht
- Innovation in the World of Data supporting Multimedia developed in-house or in cooperation with partners specializing in each industry such as with BTS in bringing Rabbit service to mobile phone, with Master Card in Mobile Payment, with My Cloud to offer data storage solution for new generation, etc.
- Develop service spots to facilitate and provide advice such as the renovation of AIS Shop countrywide ready to give 3G2100 experience to customers today, Telewiz ready for customer service in the 3G Age under AIS standard and lately the cooperation with Distribution Agents appointed AIS3G Center with the concept "1 Amphoe, 1 AIS 3G Center," another channel to serve 3G customers as well as the cooperation with the big Modern Trade in the near future.
- More varieties of Smart Devices
- More Privilege and Exclusivity providing convenience and Lifestyle and extending the use of Data in the 3G Period as the channel of unlimited privileges
Customers starts the specials from AIS 3G 2100, the Real One with World Standard, today through every distribution channel nationwide. Existing customers can press *988*ID Card Number# and call out for free to upgrade to AIS 3G 2100 and stand by for availability when the service coverage area reaches the area of customers.
Khun Wichian added "All of this proves our dedication and commitment to employing the bidded 2100 MHz frequency which is national resource to create benefit for the country at soonest in order to upgrade communication quality for Thai people in accordance with NBTC objective. During the onset of service on new network which is under the quick expansion and fine-tuning mode for highest quality achieving the 2100 MHz standard, however, we are pleased to accept your suggestion in case of problem found from the use. We shall improve quality and resolve the problems as soon as possible. With the dedications of engineer team and AIS people blessed with knowledge and capabilities, the application of world class technology AIS 3G 2100 to operate service will definitely write the new chapter of communication in Thailand."
Latest Press Release
Thaicom PLC has extended the “Father’s Day…Let’s travel father to the space” campaign which creates the opportunities for the families to explore a world-class space exhibition “NASA A HUMAN ADVENTURE” with...
TrueMove H today announced that it will offer the iPad Air 2 with Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini 3 with Wi-Fi + Cellular on November 27th. TrueMove H will offer these new iPads with a range of attractive data plans that will allow customers to connect to...
Department of Intellectual Property, Ministry of Commerce, Thailand, together with Korea Copyright Commission, Republic of Korea, jointly organised “2014 Korea-Thailand Copyright Forum” on the topic of “Digital Wave: What’s next...
- A new study from ConsumerLab on shows how the internet facilitates smart choices in city life, covering 9 cities worldwide: Beijing, Delhi, London, New York, Paris, Rome, São Paulo, Stockholm and Tokyo - Key finding: When city dwellers use the...
- Ericsson has been awarded a five-year deal as part of dtac’s LTE expansion program to deliver the technology in several major cities - The contract includes upgrading and expansion of dtac LTE and 3G networks along with professional services such...