TMB heightens TMBAMs position to make customers Get MORE, with Eastspring Investments, a world-class investment expert and one of Asias largest asset management firms as a strategic partner

Stocks and Financial Services Press Releases Wednesday July 25, 2018 19:10
กรุงเทพฯ--25 ก.ค.--TMB

TMB announced today that the Bank has agreed to partner with Eastspring Investments ("Eastspring"), Asia's top asset management firm, which is a member of Prudential plc Group, to strengthen TMB Asset Management Co., Ltd. (TMBAM) position to make customers "Get MORE" in line with the Bank's goal. With Eastspring, TMBAM customers will have access to a range of world-class investment products and services. TMBAM shareholding will be changed from wholly owned by TMB to be 65% held by Eastspring and the rest 35% by TMB. Subject to approval from the concerned authorities.

Mr. Piti Tantaksem, Chief Executive Officer of TMB, said, "TMB sees that the partnership with Eastspring will create a positive impact for TMB and TMBAM customers because Eastspring has the expertise in asset management in various dimensions at a global level. Eastspring has total assets under management of more than USD188 billion (as at 31 December 2017). It has a strong footprint in Asia, with 10 offices in Asia and offices in Luxembourg, London, and Chicago to serve international customers. Eastspring brings with them the expertise that will help enhance the profile and unleash the potential of TMBAM. Furthermore, the partnership with Eastspring supports our strategic endeavor of 'TMB Open Architecture' which is aimed at creating more opportunities for customers to get access to world-class products & services and more variety of leading foreign mutual funds. This will enable customers to 'Get MORE' with us. In its fourth year since inception, TMB Open Architecture has already proven to be the right strategic service which creates real benefits for customers, opening up the investment opportunities, so that our customers have more choices to get better returns from a selection of quality mutual funds for all groups of our customers."

TMB was the lead co-founder of TMBAM in 1996 and is the current sole owner of the company. During the past three years, TMBAM has enjoyed good growth, with a 26% compound annual growth rate.

Mr. Piti also said that the current management team of TMBAM, led by Dr. Somjin Sornpaisarn as CEO, will remain and will be joined by a team of experts from Eastspring to help the company achieve its full potential. TMBAM mutual fund units which are held by customers will not be affected. Instead, the customer will gain more benefits and opportunities for better returns from the strengths of TMBAM in serving customers, which will be enhanced by Eastspring's expertise and its global network.


Latest Press Release

Bangkok Bank approved that the dividend payment be paid at the rate of Baht 6.50 per ordinary share

Bangkok Bank approved that the dividend payment for the operating results of the year 2018 be paid at the rate of Baht 6.50 per ordinary share and resolved to convene the 26th annual ordinary meeting of shareholders on April 12, 2019. Bangkok Bank...

PTT Reveals 2018 Performance, Creating Energy Security, Tackling Changes for Sustainable Future,

Strengthening infrastructure, developing new businesses, raising competitive edge, along with improving people's quality of life and conserving environment, PTT grants 82.220 billion Baht of its revenues to the government as its tax payment. Mr. Chansin...

Photo Release: EXIM Thailand Celebrates 25th Anniversary Promoting Thai Entrepreneurs to New Frontiers Market Penetration and Sharpening new SME Exporters Global Competitive Edge

Mr. Pisit Serewiwattana, President of Export-Import Bank of Thailand (EXIM Thailand), announced on the Bank's 25th anniversary, at EXIM Thailand's Head Office on February 21, 2019 that EXIM Thailand is ready to play its role in bridging the business...

Photo Release: Sansiri debentures worth 5.5 billion Baht are offered for subscription via four major banks until February 26

Mr. Apichart Chutrakul (center) Chief Executive Officer, Sansiri PCL., Mr. Thiti Tantikulanan (2nd from left), Capital Markets Business Division Head, KASIKORNBANK, Mr. Narin Opamuratawongse (left), Executive Vice President and Manager, Investment...

New World Development จับมือ ASTRI สร้างแพลตฟอร์มบล็อกเชนสำหรับซื้ออสังหาริมทรัพย์แพลตฟอร์มแรกของฮ่องกง โดยมี BOCHK เป็นธนาคารแห่งแรกที่เข้าร่วม

New World Development Company Limited (NWD) ประกาศว่า บริษัทได้สร้างแพลตฟอร์มบล็อกเชนสำหรับซื้ออสังหาริมทรัพย์แพลตฟอร์มแรกของฮ่องกง ร่วมกับ Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Company Limited (ASTRI) โดยมี Bank of China (Hong...

Related Topics