"We are excited to hold SCB 10X's inaugural REDeFiNE Tomorrow: Global DeFi & Blockchain Virtual Summit. SCB 10X recognizes the importance and promise of decentralized finance, and we hope the Summit will help stimulate awareness and growth of DeFi in Southeast Asia. We look forward to partnering and working with players in the DeFi ecosystem globally," said Mukaya Tai Panich, Chief Venture and Investment Officer at SCB 10X.
Free to all attendees, the REDeFiNE Tomorrow: Global DeFi & Blockchain Virtual Summit will host leading minds with the aim of fostering collaboration between founders, developers, investors and end users. The event will encourage deeper cooperation and synergy across the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
Important themes it will explore include: Global Trends and Landscape of Decentralized Finance, Innovation in Decentralized Finance Projects, How Can Decentralized Finance Achieve Mass Adoption, Non-Fungible-Tokens (NFTs) and Venture Capital Investment in Decentralized Finance.
Speakers at REDeFiNE Tomorrow will include:
- Mukaya Tai Panich - Chief Venture and Investment Officer at SCB 10X.
- Robert Leshner - Founder and CEO of Compound, a protocol for algorithmic, efficient Money Markets on the Ethereum blockchain. Robert is one of the most renowned entrepreneurs in the DeFi space.
- Olaf Carlson-Wee - Founder and CIO of Polychain Capital, a leading venture capital firm which has raised more than $307 million for its flagship fund.
- Stani Kulechov - Founder and CEO of Aave, a seasoned entrepreneur with extensive experience developing technology in the crypto sphere. Aave recently completed a $25 million funding round.
- Rune Christensen - CEO of Maker Foundation & Co-Founder of MakerDao. Rune has built MakerDao, the project behind stablecoin Dai, into one of the most important projects in Decentralized Finance. MakerDao's Dai stablecoin has recently surpassed $1B marketcap.
- Kain Warwick - Founder of Synthetix, a DeFi derivatives trading platform for synthetic assets, built on Ethereum. In Nov 2020, Brent crude oil futures began trading on Synthetix DeFi exchange.
- Michael Arrington - Founder of Arrington XRP Capital, one of the most influential venture firms in the blockchain space and founder of leading tech publication, TechCrunch.
- Sam Bankman-Fried - Co-founder of Serum, Co-founder and CEO of FTX, Co-founder of Alameda Research. FTX made headlines this year when it acquired Blockfolio for $150 million.
- Soravis Srinawakoon - Co-Founder and CEO of Band Protocol, one of the best performing projects of 2020 and a leader in the data oracle space. Soravis is a Forbes 30 under 30 lister and passionate about driving mass adoption of blockchain technology.
"It's exciting to see the hypergrowth of DeFi along with strong interest from traditional institutional firm like SCB. We are very excited to take part in REDeFiNE Tomorrow: Global DeFi & Blockchain Virtual Summit and finally see the convergence of CeFi and DeFi," said Soravis Srinawakoon, CEO and Co-Founder of Band Protocol.
"Excited to join and speak at SCB10X REDeFiNE Tomorrow: Global DeFi & Blockchain Virtual Summit. Very exciting to see a traditional blue-chip bank show such strong interest in DeFi - sign of things to come? I will be talking about 'Innovation in DeFi lending.' DeFi enthusiasts who want to learn about the space should join the event, an excellent list of speakers," said Stani Kulechov, Founder and CEO of Aave.
"Asia is where cryptocurrency is seeing its fastest growth and adoption. I am looking forward to the SCB 10X REDeFiNE Tomorrow where I will be speaking on Global trends in DeFi. I am keen to hear what questions the audience has on DeFi," said Olaf Carlson-Wee, Founder and CIO of Polychain Capital.
SCB 10X aims to create long-term value by investing in exponential technologies, including blockchain-based financial services and digital assets while fostering meaningful and collaborative relationships with the blockchain community in Asia and across the world.
To register for the REDeFiNE Tomorrow: Global DeFi & Blockchain Virtual Summit and to see a full list of speakers, please visit:
About SCB 10X
SCB 10X Co., Ltd, a holding company under Siam Commercial Bank PCL. (SCB), was established with a mission to create long-term value through investing in exponential technologies, championing passionate entrepreneurs, empowering the long tail underserved, and building successful partnerships.
SCB 10X highlights its differentiation with the "Venture Builder" business for the first time in Thailand to heighten business potentiality and strong technological capabilities. In addition, SCB 10X oversees all the technology companies in the SCB Group, including Digital Ventures, SCB Abacus, MONIX, as well as those technology companies or investments in SCB's future business pipeline.
For more information, please visit: www.scb10x.com or email: [email protected]