- Distributed Mondel?z products to support medical staff at Chulalongkorn Hospital, Rajavithi Hospital, and other government hospitals as well as to help the affected people nationwide via the Pan Suk Cabinet and iCare Thailand Foundation.
- Delivered 525 sets of PPE to Nam Phong Hospital in Khon Kaen.
- Set up a world-class fund with 15M USD worth to help those affected by COVID-19 around the world.
Mondel?z International (Thailand) Co., Ltd, led by Ms. Nattanee Kasemrattakul (right), Head of Corporate & Government Affairs, donated money in the “COVID-19 Donation Project" as well as the company’s snack products to support medical staff. Prof. Ruenreong Leelanukrom, M.D. (middle), Deputy Director, Service Affairs and Ms.Phenprapha Tangwancharoen, Assistant Director, Pharmaceutical and Medical Equipment System Affairs, represented King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital of the Thai Red Cross Society, to receive the donations.
The pandemic of COVID-19 has affected people in an extensive area. Mondel?z International (Thailand) Co., Ltd., a global snacking powerhouse, donated money and the company products as well as personal protective equipment (PPE) with the total worth of over 4.3 million Thai baht to support medical practitioners. The donations are as follow:
- Mondel?z Thailand donated money to the “COVID-19 Donation Project” by King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital of the Thai Red Cross Society (Chulalongkorn Hospital) to support medical workers and help hospital in purchasing medical supplies, medical equipment, and the treatment of infected patients. The donation was contributed by both the company and its employees through the company’s fund-raising campaign.
- The company handed out its products to Chulalongkorn Hospital and Rajavithi Hospital. This contribution aimed to offer encouragement to medical practitioners fighting against the virus. In addition, the company also donated its products to people who are affected in the COVID-19 crisis through Pan Suk Cabinet and assisted those affected nationwide by working with iCare Thailand Foundation. More than 350,000 pieces of Mondelez products will be distributed to those in need.
- The company also donated 525 sets of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which include PPE suits, N95 masks and face shields, to Nam Phong Hospital in Khon Kaen Province to create safe working conditions for medical employees.
Ms. Nattanee Kasemrattakul (right), Head of Corporate & Government Affairs at Mondel?z International (Thailand) Co., Ltd. stated that “In the current circumstances, we are fully aware of the critical impacts. We truly appreciate the dedication and sacrifices of medical practitioners in the fight against COVID-19. Our purpose and values as a company are based upon doing what is right for our employees, customers, consumers, and communities. We do hope that our monetary support and products donated to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital of the Thai Red Cross Society and Rajavithi Hospital as well as personal protective equipment to Nam Phong Hospital in Khon Kaen will help improve the public health services in this challenging time.”
In another attempt to support Thai communities in the fight against COVID-19, Mondel?z Thailand also distributed 2,506 cases of Mondel?z products with a total worth of 3.6 million Thai baht to iCare Thailand Foundation. The Foundation will then deliver these products to those who are affected all over the country, including 10 hospitals, 14 care centers, 2 schools in remote areas and 2 communities, as well as the poor and the unemployed affected by the COVID-19 situation. The donated products are expected to reach more than 40,000 people throughout Thailand.
In the global pandemic of COVID-19, Mondel?z Thailand also adopts Mondelez International global policy to handle the situation. The company’s top priorities are employee’s health and safety as well as the safety of our products. In every production stage, the company applies the global standard and strictly complies with the regulation and guidance of public health authorities. Mondel?z Thailand is working with its partners to maintain its efficient operations from production to distribution to ensure that people have enough food and snack supplies available for consumption to get through this pandemic.
At the global level, Mondel?z International announced its commitment to donate money and products with the total worth of 15 million USD (around 492 million Thai baht) to support and continue the projects that provide food aids and rehabilitation support for those impacted from COVID-19. Also, Mondel?z International Foundation is working with vulnerable communities around the world to promote well-being and public health by closely collaborating with allied communities and public health agencies. Some of the efforts include:
- Investing in community projects to promote physical activities and well-being to improve the quality of life for children and families all over the world
- Inspiring around 80,000 employees to create positive impacts through the #Impact4Good Project, the company’s global volunteering project
- Providing humanitarian aids by donating money and items to fight against disasters and other mitigation projects.
For more details about efforts of Mondel?z International to fight COVID-19, please visit our website www.mondelezinternational.com/coronavirus
About Mondel?z Thailand
Mondel?z International (Thailand) Co., Ltd. is part of Mondel?z International, Inc. We empower people to snack right in approximately 150 countries around the world. In Thailand, we are leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Halls candy; Dentyne gum; Clorets compressed mint and gum; Oreo, Chips Ahoy, LU and Ritz biscuits; Toblerone and Cadbury chocolate; Solite cake; and Philadelphia cheese. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDLZ.