AstraZeneca today reveals manufactured by its production partner in Thailand Siam Bioscience who has been recognised by WHO and is capable of manufacturing COVID-19 vaccine of global quality standard.
James Teague, Country President, AstraZeneca (Thailand) Ltd.
- AstraZeneca is committed to making the vaccine available as soon as possible.
- Partnership with the Thai government, SCG and Siam Bioscience gives the confidence in expanding AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine's global manufacturing capacity to supply countries in Southeast Asia.
- Local regulatory approval processes by health authorities in Thailand such as the Thai FDA, the Department of Medical Sciences (DMS) ensure that local quality standards are met.
Dr Songpon Deechongkit, Managing Director, Siam Bioscience Co., Ltd.
- Siam Bioscience is the only manufacturer of COVID-19 vaccine in Thailand who has the capability to produce biological products, from upstream to downstream.
- AstraZeneca has chosen Siam Bioscience to produce the COVID-19 vaccine, from start to finish, for the distribution across Thailand, Southeast Asia, and the neighbouring countries.
- We trust that the knowledge of vaccine production process and quality assurance that are up to the global standards gained from this partnership will also help exponentially uplift Thailand's biological medicine and vaccine industries to the international level.
- AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Siam Bioscience undergo more than 60 different quality control tests conducted by extensive analytical testing network including laboratories in the US and the EU.
- All production and quality control documents will be audited by a European quality expert or EU Qualified Person before AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine by Siam Bioscience is cleared for market release. Such quality assurance is done for all the batches and doses of the vaccines before they reach the end-user.
Dr Supakit Sirilak, Director-General, Department of Medical Sciences
- Department of Medical Sciences (DMS), by the Institute of Geriatric Medicine, being the national reference lab of Thailand and regional reference lab of WHO.
- To reassure all Thais that every vaccine used in Thailand will go through testing and quality control processes by the globally recognized DMS to ensure that the vaccine is with safety, effectiveness and highest standard.
Source: FleishmanHillard Thailand