To showcase the University's world-changing R&D Projects and its Graduating Students' work, CMKL is holding its 2021 Innovation Summit under the theme "Into the Metaverse'' on December 17th, 2021, from 13:00 - 22:00 at Lido Connect in Siam Square, Theater 2 and the connecting Outdoor Space. This annual event illustrates how CMKL University is making innovative strides into the Metaverse realm. Highlighting the main indoor stage at Theater 2 will be CMKL's Capstone Project Pitching by EIC Class of 2022, while at the same time, the Outdoor space will feature the Exhibition Showcase from EIC Class of 2021. The Flagship R&D Projects showcase will spread between the two areas, closing with a Documentary Screening Project from Nowhereland. + Installation art and a live music jam session with EIC faculty and students.
The summit will be rich with insightful talks and perspectives, demonstrating just how the development of AI and alternate realities are going to make a difference in the world. The Flagship R&D Projects showcase will provide the audience with an overview of the research projects on which CMKL is focused, such as the APEX Supercomputer, which is helping in Thailand's battle against COVID, Porjai, the Thai Dialect Voice Recognition project, and ETDA, Forensic Data Platform Project.
. Furthermore, the Capstone Projects Pitching by EIC Class of 2022 could be one of the most compelling aspects of the event. Students have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pitch their ideas to investors for funding, which could potentially bring their ideas to life. The following are the six projects that will be presented:
1) Project V: Creating a virtual influencer
2) ADEN: A health and wellbeing platform
3) Parabox: A guided immersive audio experience utilizing a 360-degree product format
4) OneGrown: An AI match-making service for startups to receive personalized interactive sessions with mentors of their choice
5) Ocarina: The world's first mobile NFT Metaverse platform
6) REx: An AI voice service that generates artist voices from historical data
The following EIC Class of 2021 Graduating Student Project Showcase in both stages is filled with thought-provoking ideas as they attempt to solve the world's future challenges.
1) CMKL TV: VR/AR Projects showcasing three mini-projects
2) Mush House: A mushroom smart farming project
3) GamiLearn: A workplace gamification project and game development
4) AI Music: AI to assist in writing hit songs based on Spotify data
5) T-Pop Innovation: Creating the perfect Thai-pop idol through design thinking
6) Nowhereland: An immersive Theater experience
The world is on the verge of a global change that will fundamentally shift the way people live for the better, driven by the power of creative technologies. CMKL's powerful vision, transforming the world into a better place by bridging creativity and innovation, is one that they share with their partner and pioneer of AI, Carnegie Mellon University. Through research and development in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University, CMKL is committed to helping businesses move forward, shaping the global future, and making the use and access to AI safer for everyone.