"At Hitachi Energy, we support the energy transition process through innovation and collaboration and hope to become Carbon-neutral in our operations by 2030" said, Dr. Worawut Waruttamapornsu, Country Managing Director, Hitachi Energy (Thailand) Limited.
"To achieve that, we are installing a solar roof at the factory plant, which is expected to reduce the amount of electricity purchased. Aside from that, we have also set a goal of reducing carbon emissions in our operations and expect to achieve the first goal of using 100% renewable energy. Hitachi Energy (Thailand) Limited signed a Carbon Credit agreement with a leading company in Thailand. The company recently received an honorary CSR DIW certificate 2022, and it was also recognized as a member of the Climate Action Leading Organization that will participate in driving greenhouse gas emission reduction towards carbon neutrality at the corporate level. We hope to cater to Thai customers more efficiently and create a society beyond technical innovation. As a company, we are focused on improving lives, inspiring others, fostering innovation, and reinforcing sustainability in Thailand simultaneously."
"Hitachi Energy is fostering collaboration with customers and partners to find global solutions to solve the global challenge of an inclusive and equitable carbon-neutral future, thus improving lives, inspiring others and fostering innovation, and reinforcing sustainability" he added.
Since the launch of the new entity, the company has developed and launched key solutions to enable the energy transition:
- EconiQ(TM) - its eco-efficient portfolio which delivers superior environmental performance compared to conventional solutions. Its EconiQ(TM) high-voltage offering is proven to significantly reduce the carbon footprint throughout the total life-cycle. At CIGRE 2022 in August, it unveiled the 420-kilovolt (kV) circuit-breaker, part of the energy company's EconiQ high-voltage portfolio aiming to develop eco-efficient alternative solutions to sulfur hexafluoride
- Grid-eXpandTM is a new comprehensive range of modular prefabricated air-insulated and gas-insulated grid connection solutions. They are engineered, assembled, and factory-tested before delivery, ready for fast and easy energization on-site, hence greatly reducing the installation time and accelerating the transition to a sustainable energy system.
- IdentiQ(TM) digital twin solutions for high-voltage direct current (HVDC) and power quality portfolio enable cross-team digital collaboration to accelerate project execution and minimize project risks. IdentiQ(TM) also provides relevant asset information, analytics, and operational data in an intuitive and easy-to-navigate dashboard, which users can customize to match their needs.
- Lumada Inspection Insights, the end-to-end portfolio of digital solutions for the inspection, monitoring and optimization of critical assets. Pioneered by Hitachi Energy and Hitachi Vantara, Lumada Inspection Insights enables the automation of asset inspection, supports sustainability goals, improves physical security, and reduces risks.
- OceaniQ(TM), company's innovative portfolio that addresses the unique challenges of the offshore environment for reducing costs, increasing safety and improving efficiency.
Through the Sustainability 2030 strategic plan, it is addressing the urgency of the global energy transition and has set clear targets in: Planet, People, Peace and Partnerships. Hitachi Energy reflects the rapidly evolving energy landscape and the opportunity to create economic, environmental and social value. The brand name enables the business to effectively position its pioneering technologies and services to existing and future customers expanding beyond the grid - opening up a breadth of opportunities in areas such as sustainable mobility and smart life.
About Hitachi Energy
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world's energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. https://www.hitachienergy.comhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachienergyhttps://twitter.com/HitachiEnergy
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi drives Social Innovation Business, creating a sustainable society with data and technology. We will solve customers' and society's challenges with Lumada solutions leveraging IT, OT (Operational Technology) and products, under the business structure of Digital Systems & Services, Green Energy & Mobility, Connective Industries and Automotive Systems. Driven by green, digital, and innovation, we aim for growth through collaboration with our customers. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal year 2021 (ended March 31, 2022) totaled 10,264.6 billion yen ($84,136 million USD), with 853 consolidated subsidiaries and approximately 370,000 employees worldwide. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at https://www.hitachi.com.
Source: Midas Communications International