In the past months, the airline has planned and executed the rapid growth of its network operations - reintroducing services to 5 cities; launching flights to 1 new destination (Tel Aviv), adding 251 weekly flights onto existing routes; and continuing the roll-out of service enhancements in the air and on the ground.
Upcoming A380 deployments in Northern Summer 2023 season:
Emirates continues to scale up its A380 operations with the reintroduction of the iconic double-decker across its network: Glasgow (from 26 March), Casablanca from (15 April), Beijing (from 01 May), Shanghai (from 04 June), Nice (from 1 June), Birmingham (from 1 July), Kuala Lumpur (from 01 August), and Taipei (from 01 August).
Upcoming route enhancements by region:
- Bangkok: Addition of 5th daily service from 01 August.
- Beijing: To commence daily non-stop Boeing 777-300ER service from 15 March, upgrading to an A380 effective 01 May. A second daily service will commence effective 01 September with an A380.
- Hong Kong: Addition of a daily non-stop flight from 29 March. This increases Emirates' operations to 14 weekly flights including its existing daily Dubai-Bangkok-Hong Kong service.
- Kuala Lumpur: Addition of a third daily service from 01 June.
- Tokyo: Resumption of services to Tokyo Haneda with daily flights on 02 April. This takes Emirates' Japan operations to 21 daily flights including a daily A380 service to Tokyo-Narita and a daily Boeing 777 service to Osaka.
- Amsterdam: from 14 to 19 weekly flights starting 02 April.
- Athens: Addition of a daily seasonal service to serve summer demand between 01 June to 30 September.
- Bologna: from 5 flights a week to a daily service starting 01 May.
- Budapest: from 5 flights a week to a daily service by 01 June.
- London: start of 2nd daily service to London Stansted on 01 May. This will take Emirates' London operations to 11 daily flights - including 6 times daily to London Heathrow and 3 times daily to Gatwick.
- Venice: from 5 to 6 flights a week from 26 March, increasing to a daily service from 01 June.
- Cairo: from 25 to 28 weekly flights by 29 October.
- Dar es Salam: from 5 flights a week to daily flights starting 01 May.
- Entebbe: from 6 flights a week to daily flights starting 01 July.
Australia and New Zealand
Emirates' non-stop Australia flights will return to pre-pandemic levels to Sydney from 01 May, Melbourne from 26 March, and Brisbane on 01 June.
- Brisbane: An additional daily service starting 01 June will take Emirates to 14 flights per week to Brisbane.
- Christchurch: restart of daily service from Dubai via Sydney from 26 March.
- Melbourne: addition of 3rd daily service to Melbourne from 26 March via Singapore. This adds capacity to Melbourne and re-establishes connectivity between Singapore and Melbourne. The other 2 daily flights from Melbourne fly non-stop to Dubai.
- Sydney: addition of 3rd daily non-stop service from 01 May.
Source: Spark Communications