"Robinhood" food delivery app and "Minor Food" team up to generate income for riders delivering seven popular restaurant brands

Friday 15 January 2021 13:36
Homegrown food delivery app "Robinhood" has teamed up with world-class food franchiser "Minor Food" to help delivery riders generate more income while they face economic hardships caused by the current COVID-19 pandemic. Under the collaboration, Minor Food is now listing seven of its popular restaurants on the Robinhood platform, comprising The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Bonchon, and The Coffee Club. Moreover, the famous food and restaurant chain will prepare popular menus for each brand and many special promotions for customers placing orders via Robinhood.
Robinhood food delivery app and Minor Food team up to generate income for riders delivering seven popular restaurant brands

Speaking about this latest collaboration, Mr. Thana Thienachariya, Chairman of Purple Ventures Co., Ltd. and Robinhood app developer and provider said that, "The goal of Robinhood is to support small players. Apart from those working in small eateries, these people include delivery riders, who are essential for any food delivery platform as they link restaurants and customers. Ever since its soft launch in late October 2020, a total of 11,250 riders have joined the platform, with 74 percent delivering food as a secondary job and the remaining 26 percent as a primary job. Since Robinhood is still in its inception stage, each rider accepts about six orders on average. To support riders in getting more orders and generating additional income, our team has been working to find ways to increase the frequency and number of orders for each rider. This effort led to collaboration with Minor Food, which we believe will allow riders to earn more from delivering food from these seven popular restaurant brands enjoyed by customers of all ages."

Mr. Prapat Siangjan, Chief Operating Officer at Minor Food Group PCL, noted that, "We are glad to collaborate with Robinhood, a new Thailand-based food delivery platform. Coinciding with a new wave of the COVID-19 outbreak, both Minor Food and Robinhood have agreed to help generate more income for workers, and as of 15 January 2020 Minor Food has therefore listed seven of its restaurant brands on the Robinhood app: The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Bonchon, and The Coffee Club, and launched special promotions that customers will not want to miss. These seven brands are the most popular restaurants with customers across the country, so we are confident that this collaboration will help create more work and revenue opportunities for Robinhood delivery riders.

In response to the new wave of COVID-19 bringing more and more new cases of the disease, Minor Food has implemented stringent measures to ensure staff hygiene, allowing customers to be assured of Minor Food's standards, which we are always committed to."

About Purple Ventures Company Limited
Purple Ventures Company Limited is a subsidiary of SCB 10X under the Siam Commercial Bank Group. The company was established with the commitment to create sustainability among small restaurants by taking advantage of the "Robinhood" food delivery platform. Robinhood aims to serve as a distribution channel offering effective and fair treatment toward its customers, while embracing advanced technology, thus benefiting restaurant operators, customers, and delivery riders. This will lead to the creation of a strong and sustainable ecosystem and Robinhood becoming Thailand's most popular Digital Fulfillment and Lifestyle Platform.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]

About Minor Food Group PCL
Minor Food is one of Asia's largest restaurant chains, comprising more than 2,300 restaurant branches in 26 countries under the The Pizza Company, The Coffee Club, Riverside, Thai Express, Benihana, Bonchon, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, and Burger King brands.
For more details, please visit www.minorfood.com.

Source: Purple Ventures