Central Ayutthaya, designed to showcase splendors of Ayutthaya with the concept of "Thai Twist", will be the grandest and the best gateway to the northern and northeastern regions and will help Ayutthaya draw the global attention to its 30th anniversary as the UNESCO World Heritage. It will also help upgrade and fulfill the whole local tourism ecosystem, promote community and SMEs products, stimulate and distribute income, create a new economic area and improve the quality of life in Ayutthaya.
The whole shopping center will be strictly under the public health measure of "Central Hygiene & Safety Safe Plus+".
Executives of the company, led by Mr. Chanavat Uahwatanasakul, Chief Development Officer, and Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, Executive Vice President of Marketing of Central Pattana Plc., revealed the vision and strategies for Central Ayutthaya.
"Central Pattana has pioneered the development of high-potential cities across the country with care for communities wherever we go. Ayutthaya is outstanding in many areas including tourism, industry, agriculture and local wisdom, and Central Ayutthaya, as a fully-integrated mixed-use development in a strategic location in the economic center of Ayutthaya will create a big impact that will upgrade the city" said Mr. Chanavat.
"We are determined to create Ayutthaya as the cultural capital of Thailand where foreign and Thai tourists will always want to visit, stay longer and spend more, which, in turn, will help create and distribute income to different communities in the province," he said.
The company will focus on three strategies to develop Central Ayutthaya, which are:
- "Complete The Heritage City" by fulfilling and supporting pride on the local way of life.
- "Complete The Tourism Ecosystem" by promoting conservation and upgrading the whole tourism ecosystem of the province.
- "Complete Communities Co-Creation" by upgrading community-based tourism and products as well as creating and distribution income.
For the first strategy on "Complete The Heritage City", the company will use Central Ayutthaya, a fully-integrated mixed-use development project with a total area of 68,000 square meters on a land plot of 47 rai, to showcase the uniqueness of the World Heritage city and increase its potential with the Kyoto Model. The shopping center, as the center of life, is designed with contemporary architectural style with the Thai Twist concept, inspired by local identity which will help draw the global attention to Ayutthaya.
"This is a project we pay attention to all details of construction and design, working closely with architects and local craftsmen to create this masterpiece," said Mr. Chanavat.
The target customers of Central Ayutthaya consisting of local people, expected to constitute for 85% of the total customers, and Thai and foreign tourists, constituting for the remaining 15%. The project aims to cater to the unmet needs of local groups with high purchasing power such as the young affluent by offering top brands, lifestyle products with urban vibes and experiential retail, which will turn Central Ayutthaya into a cultural, shopping and living space.
Central Ayutthaya consists of a four-story shopping center with about 400 shops, the ESCENT VILLE AYUTTHAYA condominium project next to the shopping center with 400 units, a hotel of 220 units for tourists and business people, a convention hall to serve as a MICE business center with a total area of 2,000 square meters and a capacity for 2,000 participants. It will also house an interactive museum, expected to be open in Q4/2022, which will act as a cultural space.
The second strategy to "Complete The Tourism Ecosystem" by promoting conservation and upgrading the whole tourism ecosystem of the province will help strengthen Ayutthaya, according to Dr. Nattakit.
"We look at the big picture. The launch of Central Ayutthaya will springboard the stimulation on and recovery of the country's tourism and economy from Q4 this year to the next year," he said.
"Central Ayutthaya will be both the starting point and destination for tourism that is complete within itself. It will fulfill the tourist's journey and encourage the day-to-night trips as well as longer stays of two days and one night."
"The tourist transportation hub and information center at Central Ayutthaya will make the 'lifestyle trips' more fun as visitors get a chance to feel the local experience. At the same time, it will also stimulate spending and distribute income to tourism business operators and communities," said Dr. Nattakit.
The third strategy to "Complete Communities Co-Creation" by upgrading community-based tourism and products as well as creating and distribution income starts from the company's vision to want to support and help communities where its projects are situated.
"For this project, we want to see a place where one can find all the local uniqueness and wisdom in different aspects. We also look to act as the 'food and craft curator' by working with Ayutthaya's community enterprises to promote and increase channels to distribute their products," said Dr. Nattakit.
"Such channels include a fair featuring delicious food and outstanding items from 16 districts, Tops Market, Jing Jai Farmers' Market modeled after the successful community market of the same name in Chiang Mai, an outdoor weekend market featuring community products, agricultural produce and high-quality handcrafts of Ayutthaya."
"To promote the economy from the grassroots level, we support local tourism operators and have collaborated with Local Alike platform to design tourism routes that cover various communities across Ayutthaya. This will not only offer a different experience to tourists but also create a positive impact on the communities. At the same, we are planning with the governmental sector to promote tourist routes and create travel programs using local guides," he said.
Central Ayutthaya will be the most complete and best tourist destination under the concept "Capital of Wonders" where visitors can find nine different wonders.
- Ayutthaya Landmark Wonder is photo opportunity landmarks installed indoor and outdoor throughout the complex with an integrated Thai Twist concept which blends modernity and charms of Ayutthaya. The landmarks include the Twelve Indented Corners Facade, the Phra Nakhon Plaza, the Lotus Plaza, Ploen Nakhon Indoor Market, Traditional Flower Tray Sculptures, Glowing Fairy Rose Garden, Benjarong Co-Working Space, Chan Room, Khom Room, Lai Yang Fabric Room, and "Cradle of Rice, Charms of the Community and Abundance of Resources".
- Back-Through-Time Menu Wonder is the original Ayutthaya desserts with an authentic twist and a modern mix available at Taste of Ayutthaya Fair during the opening. The 1 members who are dressed in Thai costumes will receive a discount of 50% for selected menus. Coupons are given through the Line account @CentralLife.
- Limited Brand Wonder is available only at Central Ayutthaya. The "Robinson Ayutthaya Wonder" on an area of 7,000 square meters will feature products from over 300 leading and new brands, PowerBuy is the center for electric appliances and digital lifestyle devices, Tops Market is the first and the only one in Ayutthaya where domestic and international products can be found, go! WOW is the place for over 14,000 household items starting at five baht, Supersports is the place for top sports products, B2S Think Space is the first of its kind in Ayutthaya, SF Cinema is ready to service and Jetts Fitness is open 24 hours every day.
- Ayutthaya Festival Wonder lets visitors have fun throughout the year with various festivals and events such as Cotton Candy Festival and River Prawn Festival.
- All-Day Happiness and Fun Wonder is the morning market at Phra Nakhon Plaza and the evening market which will have extended opening hours to allow visitors to enjoy the charms of Ayutthaya markets during the day and in the night.
- 16-District Great Product Wonder are Ayutthaya's OTOP food and souvenirs visitors will want.
- One-Stop Trip Wonder includes the transportation hub and tourist information which are the most convenient and complete.
- Happy Family Day Wonder is various joyous activities for everyone in the family. There will be a playground as well as fashion and cosmetic products from brands such as UNIQLO, BEAUTRIUM, CC-OO, ADIDAS and SKECHERS, and restaurants such as BONCHON, LAEMCHAROEN SEAFOOD, COCO ICHIBANYA, YAYOI, FUJI RESTAURANT, WASHI, MK RESTAURANT, BAR-B-Q PLAZA, KOI THE, STARBUCKS, CAFE AMAZON and AFTER YOU, as well as a Tech Space and other facilities.
- World Heritage, Gateway to Thai Legends Wonder is the Ayutthaya Cultural Space where visitors can study Ayutthaya history in an interactive museum. The space will be open in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Central Ayutthaya will have an official opening on 30 November 2021 at noon with many highlight events, including a performance by actress Bella Ranee and a Likay vs. Hip Hop performance by Likay star Bank Sornram and rapper CD GUNTEE.
The "Wonder of Menus of Two Capitals" featuring menus of Thao Thong Kip Ma and Princess Saisavali Bhiromya will be held on 30 November to 6 December 2021. The chic Gift Market will be on 30 November to 15 December 2021. The Ayutthaya Floral event will be from 7 December to 15 December 2021. The Little Tree Market will be from 30 November to 6 December 2021. The Cafe & Garden Zone will be available from December this year to May next year. At the end this year, visitors can enjoy the Fairy Rose Christmas Tree showcasing Ayutthaya's iconic flowers.
Shoppers can enjoy daily promotions and a chance to win a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Safety worth 1.139 million baht for after spending 1,000 baht, a free Central Ayutthaya Limited Edition thermal bag after spending 5,000 baht, and a free SF Movie Complimentary Voucher after spending 500 baht. Customers dressed in Thai costumes who buy a movie ticket will get another free one.
There are numerous offers from credit cards and applications. The 1 members can get gifts or credit back of up to 19% from 30 December 2021 to 16 January 2022. They will get one point for every 25 baht spent and can redeem 800 points for 100 baht or a discount couple via The 1 application. They will also receive free The 1 points for applying for membership or downloading the application for the first time.
Robinson Ayutthaya will offer discounts and promotions for The 1 members including a discount coupon of up to 5,500 baht and a free Ayutthaya bag for a spending of 2,500 baht.
Tops Market will give Smarter dish washing liquid for a spending of 600 baht. B2S Think Space will give a B2S Shopping Bag with a summer pattern for a spending of 500 baht. PowerBuy will allow 0% installments for 15 months.
go! WOW will offer household equipment and items starting from five baht. Supersports will give a discount promotion of up to 50% with a FILA hat for a spending of 3,000 baht.
The 1 members will also get a discount of 12.5% and special discounts or credit back of up to 18% from participating credit cards only for this occasion.
Source: Central Pattana