Nokia began the event with opening remarks from Ajay Sharma, Head of Nokia Thailand and Cambodia, who unveiled Nokia's latest company and technology strategy and an update on Nokia's presence in Thailand. This was followed by a presentation by Terence McCabe, Chief Technology Officer, Nokia Asia-Pacific, and Japan, who provided an overview of the company's technology leadership and latest technology innovations and solutions.
The company also explained its role in driving digitalization in Thailand, and how it is enabling its customers to transform and prepare for a more immersive, interconnected, and seamless digital world. This will be done through its latest innovations and solutions that will help digitalize Thailand's key industries so that they can improve their productivity to boost the nation's economy.
To showcase this, Nokia held a series of demonstrations where some of its latest innovations, products, and technology across its portfolio of enterprise, mobile network, cloud networking and network infrastructure technologies, were on display. Specially curated from the company's participation at this year's Mobile World Congress 2023, these demonstrations showcased how Nokia is poised to shape the future of Thailand's industries and drive socio-economic growth by helping local CSPs and enterprises throughout their 5G and digital transformation journey.
The innovations that were showcased during the event include:
- MX Industrial Edge
- The Nokia MX Industrial Edge is a future-ready on-premise edge solution that can accelerate the digital transformation of operational technology (OT). It combines the agility and simplicity of an edge-as-a-service model with a high-performance, resilient and secure edge architecture designed to meet the mission-critical needs of asset-intensive industrial environments.
- Nokia MX Industrial Edge unlocks business-critical use cases for enterprises. For example, real-time monitoring of video feeds and alerts and advanced video analytics solutions for mission-critical applications such as quality assurance or safety.
- NetGuard Cybersecurity Dome
- NetGuard Cybersecurity Dome is an award-winning security orchestration solution with pre-built 5G use cases for network security assurance. Security orchestration teams can select 5G use cases from a comprehensive catalogue to cover the entire telecommunication technology from the RAN to Transport and Core.
- These services are based on an XDR (Extended Detection and Response) capability that collects, aggregates, analyses, and correlates security data from a variety of sources, enriching it with a telecommunication context to help security operations teams assess business risks, improve decision making, and control costs and risks.
- Nokia Optical Product Solutions Portfolio
- Nokia's optical network products and solutions enable scaling without limits to enable the foundational connectivity for networked communications. Nokia's solutions scale from the network edge and across long-haul/core and subsea links, while simplifying network operations to build smarter, more automated networks that streamline service delivery and lower network total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Nokia's network automation solutions help CSPs, webscale companies and enterprises grow revenues, accelerate service deployment, and build more programmable, responsive, efficient and reliable IP and optical networks.
- Nokia's Innovation leadership driven through its own chipset development
- Nokia's ReefShark chipsets enhance the company's already comprehensive 5G end-to-end network portfolio, increasing the intelligence and performance of massive MIMO antennas and AirScale System Modules. Developed in-house and leveraging the company's extensive experience in silicon design, as well as the company's expertise in antenna development for mobile devices and Nokia Bell Labs innovation in Artificial Intelligence (AI) to realize high-performance and efficient network solutions.
- Nokia's PSE-6s enabled platforms are designed to help network operators ensure their optical transport networks can scale to address exponentially increasing capacity demand, efficiently deliver ultra-high-speed services including 400GE and 800GE, while also driving down network power consumption
- Nokia's Quillion chipset supports GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON2 and Multi-PON Modules (e.g., GPON+XGS-PON) with industry-leading port density and fully non-blocking throughput capability. While delivering up to 50% power savings, enhancing competitive features and offer innovations and differentiation in a timely manner Nokia made a strategic decision to leverage its proven high-performance network processing ASIC design capabilities and develop Quillion.
- Nokia's FP5 network processing silicon delivers a generational leap in IP network capacity and power efficiency while introducing new capabilities for protecting network traffic from security threats FP5 is the industry's first high performance routing silicon delivering integrated line rate encryption for L2, L2.5 and L3 network services at speeds up to 1.6 Tb/s. FP5 sets a new benchmark for sustainability in IP routing with a 75% reduction in power consumption over previous generations.
- Super charging the network through NPO
- Nokia's best-in-class digitalized portfolio Network Planning and Optimization (NPO) that enables sustainable business growth for mobile networks. It enhances customers' performance by delivering innovative portfolio, tool and processes.
- Nokia's Automation and Digitalization portfolio positions network performance at its center. It helps drive portfolio evolution to support new technology adoption, RAN disaggregation with the onset of O-RAN and vRAN. It brings out environmental sustainability through the design of Mobile Networks and the delivery of NPO services.
Ajay Sharma, Head of Nokia Thailand and Cambodia, said: "We remain committed to bolstering Thailand's Industry 4.0 drive, where our technology can help accelerate digital transformation across every industry. We believe that industries in Thailand will benefit from increased productivity, enhanced sustainable solutions, and greater accessibility through harnessing digital solutions. Nokia is dedicated to offering ongoing support to our partners and customers throughout this journey and we look forward to continuing driving growth within the country."
Source: Spark Communications